FOCAL (Free and open-source creative art library) is an initiative by FOSSEE, IIT Bombay.
This is a project from the Open Source Community.
- To encourage students and entrepreneurs to use Open Source Software in computer graphics.
- To promote the learning of open-source graphics and animation software, like
- Inkscape (cross-platform open-source vector design software)
- GIMP (cross-platform open-source photo/image editing software)
- Scribus (cross-platform open-source desktop publishing software)
- Synfig Studio (cross-platform open-source 2d animation software)
- Blender (cross-platform open-source 3d animation software)
- To publish users' artwork/computer graphics design in Open Source.
- Create learning tutorials, documents for using open-source design software for students and printing industry people.
- Develop open-source software graphics studio and support to convert commercial design software studio to open source software graphics studio.
- Conduct remote & hands-on workshop and exhibit FOCAL activities.
- Create a scope for jobs using these open-source design software in the print industry.